Highlights of the May 22 Session Meeting
- Approved hiring (and terms of call for) the candidate for the Pastoral Resident position. The candidate will meet with COM, hopefully in July, to complete the process, and be ordained before beginning at MAPC on August 20.
- Celebrated five new members scheduled to join MAPC on Sunday, June 10.
- Received a financial report indicating the projected shortfall to our operating budget for 2018, which is roughly $100,000. Though the gap is shrinking, we continue to seek out ways to be increasingly good stewards of our finances. Those in the congregation capable of additional giving are invited to prayerfully consider this.
- Thanked outgoing elder Sharon Boersma for years of faithful service in numerous capacities, as she moves to be closer to grandchildren.
- Thanked outgoing Business Manager Richard Frey, as it was his last meeting prior to retirement.